Residential Solar Panels
Solera is Missouri & NW Arkansas’s #1 Choice for Solar Energy
Solar panel technology has never been better. Cleaner, renewable energy isn’t just a smart energy investment; it’s responsible household management. The benefits of investing in residential solar power are impressive. Solar energy lowers your electric bills, increases your property value, gives your roof an extra barrier of protection, offers you a robust tax break, and employs an energy source that never runs out. The demand for solar power solutions has now made them more affordable for homeowners across the country. Solera Energy is the principal solar energy leader in Missouri and Northwest Arkansas, with a team committed to excellence, honesty, and premier service.
How Do Residential Solar Panels Work?
Converting the sun’s energy into electricity is a simple process when you apply the innovations of the day with a constant energy source — the sun. Solar panels function by permitting photons, which are tiny particles of light, to free electrons from atoms and produce a flow of electricity. Solar panels leverage the power of photovoltaic cells to convert electricity to direct currents or DC electricity. After, an inverter installed on your home will alter that DC electricity to alternating current (AC) electricity as your home relies on AC electricity to operate. The remaining electricity is credited to the solar grid.
The great thing about solar energy is that regardless of how large your home is or how much power it utilizes, you don’t have to worry about running out of energy. The sun is the ultimate generator. It can generate more energy in an hour than the Earth consumes in a year.
What Is the Process for Going Solar?
The process for going solar is quick and straightforward. Our design and engineering team will create custom blueprints for your solar panel system and apply for your net metering approval and permits from the city and county. After obtaining approval, we will schedule your install. Final documentation will be issued to your utility provider by us, and then we will assist you with setting up your system and monitoring.
Solar energy increases your home’s value while putting more money into your pocket every month from energy savings. Contact Solara Energy at (866) 346-2009 today to learn more about the financial benefits of going solar.
Statistics About Residential Solar Panels in Missouri & Arkansas
Missouri Solar Panel Statistics
According to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Missouri is one of the best places in the world for solar panel systems. Consider the following statistics:
- Missouri has more than 200 sunny days per year for an average of 0.5 to 5 kilowatt-hours per square meter per day. Missouri’s solar resources surpass Germany’s, which leads the world in solar energy production on less than 3 kWh per square meter per day.
- The cost of electricity in Missouri has risen recently to 10 cents per kilowatt-hour, making the need for renewable energy sources more critical.
- A 25 cent-per-watt rebate will be available for systems that become operational after June 30, 2019, through December 31, 2023.
- Three of the leading utilities in Missouri provide a $500/kW rebate, and a 26% federal tax credit means you get back nearly a third of your investment in less than a year.
- Solar increases home value significantly, but your property tax stays the same.
Arkansas Solar Panel Statistics
- Solar prices have fallen 43% over the last five years.
- There has been enough solar installed to power 43,550 homes.
- Annually, Arkansas receives an average amount of sunlight equivalent to four and a half to five peak sun hours per day. You can expect to get up to 5 kWh of electricity per day for every kilowatt of solar panels you install.
- Arkansas has a favorable net metering policy. The absolute price of any kWh you export to the grid becomes a credit on the next month’s bill.
- Homeowners can experience seven years of free energy once the system has paid for itself.
- Homeowners can gain $9,000 in net savings over the total lifetime of the solar PV array!
Average Costs of Solar Panels
Costs & Savings for a 5 kW PV System in Missouri
With energy costs on the rise, there’s never been a better time to switch to solar. If you take advantage of the cost savings available for solar systems in Missouri, you can significantly cut down on the cost of your solar installation. With $2,500 rebates from local utility companies, and the 26% federal tax credit, you can save on the total cost. Homeowners can expect a payback period of about 13 years on their investment and 12 years of free energy.
Costs & Savings for a 5 kW PV System in Arkansas
Applying the 26% federal solar tax credit deducts a large amount from the initial price of installing solar panels on your Arkansas home. Once installed, you can save over $600 per year. Homeowners can expect to receive a return on their investment in around 18 years. But before this, your property will also increase in value, as will your net worth. The payback period is longer in Arkansas than in Missouri due to Arkansas’ lower electricity prices.
Contact Solera Energy for Residential Solar Panel Installation
Trust Solera Energy to offer you the best solar energy system options for your home and goals. Our high-quality installation and industry experts will give you the resources and support you need to make the switch to solar a breeze!
Switching to solar energy offers you monthly energy bill savings now and safeguards you against rising electricity costs in the future. Call our team at (866) 346-2009 or schedule your free consultation online today!