Solar Energy Services & Solar Panel Installation Experts in Columbia, MO
Innovative Solar Power Solutions for Homes & Businesses In Missouri
In today’s uncertain financial and energy climate, there’s never been a better time to invest in solar! Solera Energy has provided innovative solar power solutions in Columbia and the surrounding areas of Missouri since 2004. We are proud to say we have brought more homes and businesses energy solutions than any other provider operating within this region. Solera is the leading provider of solar energy solutions, dedicated to offering you state-of-the-art products and unparalleled customer service.
Learn how your Columbia household or business can benefit from installing solar panels. Call our team at (855) 650-7404 or schedule your free consultation online today!
The Benefits of Going Solar for Missouri Homeowners
The average homeowner in Columbia, MO, spends around $105 on electricity a month. Imagine paying half that, or even paying $0 some months on electricity, all while increasing the value of your property and being part of the environmental solution. That’s what residential solar power can do for you. By harnessing the sun’s power and creating your own power source, you will save money over time, all while reaping the same return on investment as a kitchen remodel.
Missouri Solar Panel Statistics
According to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Missouri is one of the best places in the world for solar panel systems. Consider the following statistics:
- Missouri has more than 200 sunny days per year for an average of 0.5 to 5 kilowatt-hours per square meter per day. Missouri’s solar resources surpass Germany’s, which leads the world in solar energy production with less than 3 kWh per square meter per day.
- The cost of electricity in Missouri has risen recently to 10 cents per kilowatt-hour, making the need for renewable energy sources more critical.
- A 25-cent-per-watt rebate will be available for systems that become operational after June 30, 2019, through December 31, 2023.
- Three of the leading utilities in Missouri provide a $500/kW rebate, and a 26% federal tax credit means you get back nearly a third of your investment in less than a year.
- Solar increases home value by nearly $12,000, but your property tax stays the same.
Costs & Savings for a 5kW Solar PV System in Columbia, MO
While the average upfront price of a residential PV system in Missouri may seem high, your actual cost will be much lower, thanks to available credits and rebates! Many local utility companies are offering a $500/kW rebate, meaning you can deduct about $2,500 from the price of a standard 5-kW system. Additionally, once you apply the 26% federal tax credit, your net cost will be significantly reduced. Missouri homeowners can expect a payback period of about 13 years on their investment and 12 years of free energy, making solar energy a sound financial investment.
Interested in joining the millions of homeowners who have gone solar? Call us at (866) 346-2009 or contact us online today to learn more.
Installing & Maintaining Your Home’s Solar Panel System with Solera
Solera Energy makes the process of installing and maintaining residential solar panels easy. Our professional team walks you through every step, selecting the panels that work best for your home.
Here’s how our solar panel installation process works:
- Design & Engineer: Our design department will create custom blueprints for your solar system.
- Apply & Approve: We will apply for your net metering approval and any permits required by your city or county.
- Install: After approvals are received, we will work around your schedule to install your system.
- Energize: We will submit all final documentation to your utility provider on your behalf. The timing of this step varies depending on your utility company.
- Monitoring: When your system is energized, we will assist you with setting up your system monitoring.
Solar Power Storage Services & Off-Grid PV Systems
Most of the world’s creatures prepare for the uncertain future. Bears put on weight, and squirrels gather nuts for the winter. Wise people store solar energy. Solera Energy, LLC offers many innovative energy storage and backup power services that are cleaner (and quieter) than your average generator.
Contact our team to learn more about how to build off-grid functionality.
Save Money With Solar Batteries & Generac Backup Power Generators
Solar batteries provide the opportunity to protect your home and family from outages, as well as utility rate increases. You can also help offset overnight usage with a solar battery system. Solar batteries offer peace of mind in three critical ways:
- They can offset increases and demand charges from the utility by using your batteries during peak loads.
- In case of power outages, batteries can provide the backup power you and your family need to live in comfort while the rest of the neighborhood is without.
- Using your batteries at night will reduce or eliminate the need to draw power from the utility company.
With generator backup power, the next big storm or blackout doesn’t have to ruin your day or even be disruptive. Our customers report these critical generator benefits:
- Generators turn on automatically, providing a seamless solution to a power interruption that doesn’t require you to play around with heavy machinery in the dark.
- Generators come in multiple sizes and capacity limits, and they allow you to power the appliances you need for the necessary amount of time.
- Generators run on readily available natural gas, making it easy to stock up on fuel.
Commercial & Industrial Solar PV Systems
Tapping into clean, renewable solar energy to power your office or other commercial or industrial space has numerous benefits. Not only will a solar power system save you money and energy costs, but it can increase the overall value of your business property.
Solera Energy takes a consultative approach with you and your business, to determine the solution that’s best for you and your specific needs. Our goal is to provide your business with a valuable investment asset while consuming a minimal amount of time and effort on the part of your management team. Learn more about the how solar electric power can benefit your business by scheduling a free consultation or estimate today.
Ready to make solar energy your business’s business? Call us at (866) 346-2009 or contact us online today to learn more.
Utility-Scale Solar Energy Systems
Utility-scale solar energy involves building a facility that generates solar power and transfers it to the power grid. This supplements the legacy utility source’s energy and increases its capacity and reliability. Solera Energy, LLC can meet Columbia, MO’s utility-scale solar power needs with a state-of-the-art plant. Utility-scale solar energy provides an affordable, safe, clean, and renewable energy alternative to consumers and will help relieve the pressure of peak energy demand periods.
Learn more about how to bring utility-scale solar energy to Columbia, MO. Call us at (866) 346-2009 or contact us online.
Get a Free Estimate on a Solar Panel System Today
Solera Energy, LLC leads the solar power industry and implements unparalleled solar energy solutions for Columbia, MO. We lead an incredible team of electrical engineers, project managers, finance professionals, and other industry experts who have proven as reliable as the sun itself.
We will work first to understand your goals. Then we’ll implement our proprietary assessment process to devise a completely custom, controlled-by-you solar energy solution.
Take the first step toward owning your power. Call us at (866) 346-2009 or contact us online today.
Solar Power FAQs & Additional Resources on Solar Energy
Can You Install Solar Panels on a Flat Roof?
Investing in Solar Power for Rental Properties
What Are Solar Power Purchase Agreements?